SCIENTIFIC-METHODOLOGICAL CENTRE OF VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING AND FURTHER TRAINING FOR ENGINEERING-PEDAGOGICAL WORKERS IN KHMELNYTSKYI REGION
Promotion of human capital development in the field of professional education.
- educational-methodical and scientific-methodical support of the activities of professional (vocational-technical) education institutions;
- promotion of high-quality training of highly qualified workers for the economy of the country and region;
- ensuring the functioning of the system of professional development of pedagogical workers of professional (vocational and technical) education institutions.
– methodical support for the modernization and optimization of the infrastructure of professional (vocational and technical) education institutions in the region;
– updating the content of professional education, ensuring state requirements regarding its quality and volume at the level of the latest technologies, technologies of digital transformations, successful practices, principles of sustainable development;
– implementation of a competency-based approach and dual, inclusive education in professional (vocational and technical) education institutions;
– implementation of innovative pedagogical, production and information and digital technologies in the process of training qualified workers;
– formation of a regional informational educational and professional environment;
– implementation of innovative approaches in improving the qualifications of managers and teaching staff of professional (vocational and technical) education institutions, increasing their level of digital literacy.
– popularization of professional education, activation of professional orientation among the population;
– implementation of the tasks of national education, implementation of scientific and methodical support of the activities of pedagogical teams regarding the formation of national consciousness, patriotism, and tolerance of students;
– quality monitoring of the provision of educational services in institutions of professional (vocational and technical) education in the region.
The Scientific and Methodological Center for Vocational and Technical Education and Advanced Training of Engineering and Pedagogical Workers in Khmelnytskyi Region (hereafter NMC VET PK) is an innovative scientific and pedagogical complex of professional education at the regional level, which in 1993 was the first in Ukraine to combine the functions of course training for teachers of the system professional education and scientific and methodological support of the activities of professional (vocational and technical) education institutions (hereinafter ZP(PT)O).
During 2006-2022, 31 state educational standards for professions were developed under the leadership of the National Center for Vocational Education and Training of the PC, 20 of which are competency-based. Within the framework of the EU4Skills program, together with partners from EDUFI, 4 educational programs for the professions “Car repairman”, “Welder”, “Turner”, “Electrical mechanic for the repair and maintenance of calculating machines” have been created based on the competence approach. During the last 5 years, the pedagogical workers of the NMC VET PC and ZP(PT)O have prepared four teaching aids, which received the seal of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, and more than 200 educational and methodological materials approved at the regional level.
NMC VET PC developed and implemented a system of continuous development of the professional competence of teachers of the vocational education system, which consists of intra-school and regional levels, self-educational work, as well as course improvement. During 2004-2009 and 2011-2016, all-Ukrainian experiments on the problem of introducing innovative forms and content of advanced training in the psychological and pedagogical training of teachers of vocational education institutions were conducted on the basis of the NMC VET PC.
On the basis of the developed scientific and methodological tools, professional and pedagogical profiles of employees of vocational education institutions were developed, which are a reference point in the construction of individual professional development trajectories by teachers.
The author team of the NMC VET PC was awarded the State Prize of Ukraine in the field of education in the nomination “Vocational and technical education” for the cycle of works “Forms and content of course improvement of the qualifications of managerial and pedagogical workers of vocational and technical education institutions” (2012).
Over the past 20 years, 10 pedagogical experiments at the all-Ukrainian level, 17 at the regional level, and 6 regional experimental laboratories worked together with the institutions of vocational education and training under the scientific guidance of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the institutes of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine.
Effective communication with governing bodies, institutions of vocational education, enterprises and employers’ associations, the Institute for Modernization of Education Content of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, leading institutes of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, and public organizations contributes to the successful solution of the main tasks of the NMC VET PC.
The leading role in popularizing successful pedagogical practices, establishing constructive relations with social partners, maintaining the appropriate level of development of the professional competence of the pedagogical staff, increasing the prestige of professional education in the region is played by the official website of the NMC VET PC . NMC Vocational Training PC has its own printed media – the scientific and methodical bulletin “Professional Education” , which presents innovative trends in reforming the system of professional (vocational and technical) education and best educational practices.
NMC VET PC participated in the implementation of international projects “Turin Process – regional level” (2014, 2016, 2019); Twinning “Modernization of legal standards and principles of education and training in accordance with the European Union’s lifelong learning policy” (2014); “Estonia’s experience in supporting vocational education reforms in Ukraine” (2019, 2020), “EU4Skills: the best skills for modern Ukraine” (2019-2022).
The results of the work of the NMC VET PC in Khmelnytskyi Oblast to ensure the continuity of the professional development of pedagogical workers of vocational education and training and the implementation of scientific and methodological support of the educational process have been repeatedly noted at the national and international levels.
Today, NMC VET PC has established itself in the educational arena as a successful provider of educational and methodical services in the field of professional education.